The leadership of OHANAEZE NDIGBO GENERAL ASSEMBLY WORLDWIDE hereby accordingly notify the general public that the purported election which took place in Owerri on Sunday 10th of January 2021 in the name of OHANAEZE NDIGBO remains null and void and anybody gallivanting to have been elected in such illegitimate platform needs proper medical examination.
Those who hijacked the leadership of OHANAEZE NDIGBO in the previous past should understand that it is no more business as usual. What we have today is one indivisible and indissoluble OHANAEZE NDIGBO duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission and recognized by the international community.
“Any election, publication or gathering in the name of OHANAEZE NDIGBO anywhere in Nigeria or abroad without the due approval or recognition by the current National Executive of OHANAEZE NDIGBO GENERAL ASSEMBLY WORLDWIDE, amounts to impersonation and abuse of the rule of law”.
All our members are hereby enjoined to go about their legitimate activities as we continue to sensitise Igbo sons and daughters all over the world on the new order of legal reform in our apex sociocultural organization; OHANAEZE NDIGBO.
The ongoing reform in OHANAEZE NDIGBO became imperative because the organization has existed for decades without corporate legal identity, without any existing bank account in the organization’s name, without any impact in the lives of our youths, without any meaningful achievement for Ndigbo. The organization has been abused so much and relatively reduced to a mere begging forum which serves only the interest of certain politicians.
Today, there is a good news under the current National Executive Leadership of OHANAEZE NDIGBO GENERAL ASSEMBLY WORLDWIDE led by Barr Basil Onyeachonam Onuorah:
- OHANAEZE NDIGBO is incorporated at the Corporate Affairs Commission CAC with IT N0: 144918.
- The organization today has a functional Administrative Headquarters.
- The organization has a functional website and online platforms where we interact with our people all over the world on daily basis.
- The organization for the first time has a functional bank accounts for accountability.
- Igbo youths and women have taken their rightful positions and strategically making positive inputs.
- Our youths wrongfully detained in various places are now enjoying free legal services from our team of lawyers who are doing this great job free of charge.
- Two reputable international NGO’S are now partnering with us in the area of youth and women empowerment.
- Many volunteered prayer teams also in place praying for our people all over the world (Ohanaeze is now in the HANDS OF GOD).
- Several job opportunities discovered for our unemployed youths and efforts are in top gear to put smiles on the faces of our youths.
- Today we also have OHANAEZE NDIGBO INTERNATIONAL LTD duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. This our great company is currently finalising MOU with some multinational Companies to bring on board: (a) OHANAEZE NDIGBO MOTORS which will deliver the best transportation services in Nigeria, (b) OHANAEZE NDIGBO BOTTLE WATER which will set the pace for healthy water consumption, (c) OHANAEZE NDIGBO TV STATION for promoting Igbo culture and delivering reliable news information to all, (d) establishment of OHANAEZE NDIGBO MICRO FINANCE BANK for effective Banking Services and making micro credit loans available for our traders.
All these projects are also targeted at creating more job opportunities for our people.
Now is time for action, no more room for blame games.
We call on everyone to come on board let’s make OHANAEZE NDIGBO great again.
Barr Basil Onyeachonam Onuorah